260. Mr. Happy by Roger Hargreaves

Mr. Happy by Roger Hargreaves
Mr. Men, #3

Rating: (5/5)

(Kindle) - (US) - (Canada) - (UK edition)

1971; 1997 Revised Edition, Price Stern Sloan/Penguin, 32 pgs

Age: 3+

"Mr. Happy meets Mr. Miserable and is determined to make him happy, too!"

Purchased a used copy a long time ago, probably from a thrift store.

Short and sweet.  Both the book and my review.  A children's classic, that can be enjoyed with just as much pleasure today as when it was written in 1971.  Adorable story about being happy that will keep the attention of all who read it.  I read the originals myself as a child in the early 70s and read them again to my children. The illustrations are the type that will have children trying to draw the men themselves and achieving good results.   I'm wondering though what the "revised edition" means.  The 1997 edition is still currently being published in North America.  I have a feeling it may just have had "British-isms" removed but will have to find an early edition to compare someday.

Comments

Popular Posts