Welcome

A Bookaholic, Pro-life, Pro-Family, Pro-Oxford Comma, Catholic (with Asperger's) who reads and writes as her obsession. I've been reading over 400 books a year lately. These are my ramblings on some of the books I read. To read about all the books I read and comment on, visit me at LibraryThing or Goodreads.

I've been blogging since 2007 and at this point (July 2015) am trying my hand at turning the theme of this blog towards mystery, thriller, and crime, fiction and nonfiction. I have some special interest topics and categories within this broad genre which include (but are not limited to) serial killers, scandi-crime, Victorian history and historicals, history of the criminally insane and asylums, psychopathology, death, funerary practices and burial, corpses, true crime and anything dealing with the real life macabre, or that portrayed in fiction.

I also read a short story a day from various collections, sometimes anthologies othertimes collections of a single author's work. These reviews are also posted here and while they are of mixed genre the mystery, thriller, horror, gothic and macabre often appear within their pages as well.


I also blog about
graphic novels and manga on a separate BLOG.

Saturday, December 29, 2012

2013 A-Zed Challenge VI

I have now completed this challenge two years in a row out of the 5 years I have been playing this. This will be my 6th year.  I'm not in any official group for this one as you can see I play both authors and titles.  I also do not pre-select books but let them fall where they may during the year.  Once it gets close to the end of the year, *if* I am close to finishing, then I will actively search out books to fill in missing letters.

UPDATE June 3:  Halfway through the year and I`ve done very well.  Getting close to being done.  A few of the tough ones done, but still some toughies to go, especially the dreaded X & Z`s but I do have 1 Q already.  I`m putting a quick look list for my own benefit at the top here:

UPDATE: Nov 25:  Well I had given up hope of finishing this year but today I filled in 2 more missing letters, finishing Titles, which only leaves me with authors Q, X, Z.  I'll make a quick trip to the library and see if I can finish them off with picture books!

UPDATE Dec: Did not finish.  Only two authors left though.  I will not be continuing this challenge next year.  I lost the fun of it this year.

Still need:
Authors:  X,Z


Authors

AAmemiya, Yuki (07-Ghost, Vol. 2 & 3)
B - Blount, Jeffrey (Hating Heidi Foster)
C - Conrad, Hy (Rally 'Round the Corpse)
D - Dobzhanska, Natalia (Legend of an Iron Tower and Other Fables...)
E - Ennis, Garth (Judge Dredd: The Garth Ennis Collection)
F - Forney, Ellen (Marbles)
G - Gregory, Raven (Wonderland, Vol. 1)
H - Hicks, Faith Erin (The Adventures of Superhero Girl)
I - Inoue, Takehiko (Pepita: Inoue meets Gaudi)
J - Johns, Geoff (Justice League, Vol. 2: The Villain's Journey)
K - King, Stephen (Roadwork)
L - Liss, David (The Spider, Vol. 1: Terror of the Zombie Queen)
M - Melville, Herman (Bartleby the Scrivener)
N - Niles, Steve (No Peace for Dead Men)
O - Oakley, Mark (Thieves & Kings, Vol. 1: The Red Book)
P - Pilkey, Dave (Captain Underpants and the Revolting Revenge of the Radioactive Robo-Boxers)
Q - Quackenbush, Robert (Giraffes at Home by Anne Cooke &)
R - Rioux, Jo (The Golden Twine, The Cat's Cradle, Vol. 1)
S - Shiibashi, Hiroshi (Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, Vol. 12)
T - Twain, Mark (The Man That Corrupted Hadleyburg)
U - Underwood, Deborah (Pirate Mom)
V - Voake, Steve (Hooey Higgins and the Shark)
W - Wolfman, Marv (The Curse of Dracula)
X -
Y - Yolen, Jane (Curses! Foiled Again)
Z -

Titles


A - Agent Gates and the Secret Adventures of Deventon Abbey by Camaren Subhiyah
- Bigfoot Boy: Into the Woods by J. Torres
C - Captain Awesome and the New Kid by Stan Kirby
D - Demons of Space by Laurie S. Sutton
EThe Enchanted Wanderer by Nikolai Leskov
FFatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors and Other True Cases by Ann Rule
G - The Grim Leaper by Kurtis J. Wiebe
H - The Horla by Guy de Maupassant
I - Iscariot: A Novel of Judas by Toscsa Lee
J - The Joker Virus by Scott Peterson
K - "Killer Charm: The Double Lives of Psychopaths" by Linda Fairstein
L - Louis Armstrong: Jazz Legend by Terry Collins
M - May Day by F. Scott Fitzgerald
N - Night's Child by Maureen Jennings
O - Oddkins: A Fable For All Ages by Dean Koontz
P - The Poisoned Planet by Matthew K. Manning
QQuestions of Life ? by Nicky Gumbel.
RRedakai: Conquer the Kairu, Vol. 2, The Tiger Terror by Terrance Griep
S - The Strand Magazine: Nov.-Feb. 2013
T - Transformers, Regeneration One: Volume 1 by Simon Furman
U - The Un-Rest Cure and Other Stories by Saki
V - Voltron #5: Dragon Dawn by Brian Smith
W - The Wisdom of Father Brown by G.K. Chesterton
XX-Men: Battle of the Sentinels by Deborah Hautzig
Y - Young Justice: Haunted by Art Baltazar
Z - Zeus and the Thunderbolt of Doom by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment