2013 A-Zed Challenge VI

I have now completed this challenge two years in a row out of the 5 years I have been playing this. This will be my 6th year.  I'm not in any official group for this one as you can see I play both authors and titles.  I also do not pre-select books but let them fall where they may during the year.  Once it gets close to the end of the year, *if* I am close to finishing, then I will actively search out books to fill in missing letters.

UPDATE June 3:  Halfway through the year and I`ve done very well.  Getting close to being done.  A few of the tough ones done, but still some toughies to go, especially the dreaded X & Z`s but I do have 1 Q already.  I`m putting a quick look list for my own benefit at the top here:

UPDATE: Nov 25:  Well I had given up hope of finishing this year but today I filled in 2 more missing letters, finishing Titles, which only leaves me with authors Q, X, Z.  I'll make a quick trip to the library and see if I can finish them off with picture books!

UPDATE Dec: Did not finish.  Only two authors left though.  I will not be continuing this challenge next year.  I lost the fun of it this year.

Still need:
Authors:  X,Z


Authors

AAmemiya, Yuki (07-Ghost, Vol. 2 & 3)
B - Blount, Jeffrey (Hating Heidi Foster)
C - Conrad, Hy (Rally 'Round the Corpse)
D - Dobzhanska, Natalia (Legend of an Iron Tower and Other Fables...)
E - Ennis, Garth (Judge Dredd: The Garth Ennis Collection)
F - Forney, Ellen (Marbles)
G - Gregory, Raven (Wonderland, Vol. 1)
H - Hicks, Faith Erin (The Adventures of Superhero Girl)
I - Inoue, Takehiko (Pepita: Inoue meets Gaudi)
J - Johns, Geoff (Justice League, Vol. 2: The Villain's Journey)
K - King, Stephen (Roadwork)
L - Liss, David (The Spider, Vol. 1: Terror of the Zombie Queen)
M - Melville, Herman (Bartleby the Scrivener)
N - Niles, Steve (No Peace for Dead Men)
O - Oakley, Mark (Thieves & Kings, Vol. 1: The Red Book)
P - Pilkey, Dave (Captain Underpants and the Revolting Revenge of the Radioactive Robo-Boxers)
Q - Quackenbush, Robert (Giraffes at Home by Anne Cooke &)
R - Rioux, Jo (The Golden Twine, The Cat's Cradle, Vol. 1)
S - Shiibashi, Hiroshi (Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, Vol. 12)
T - Twain, Mark (The Man That Corrupted Hadleyburg)
U - Underwood, Deborah (Pirate Mom)
V - Voake, Steve (Hooey Higgins and the Shark)
W - Wolfman, Marv (The Curse of Dracula)
X -
Y - Yolen, Jane (Curses! Foiled Again)
Z -

Titles


A - Agent Gates and the Secret Adventures of Deventon Abbey by Camaren Subhiyah
- Bigfoot Boy: Into the Woods by J. Torres
C - Captain Awesome and the New Kid by Stan Kirby
D - Demons of Space by Laurie S. Sutton
EThe Enchanted Wanderer by Nikolai Leskov
FFatal Friends, Deadly Neighbors and Other True Cases by Ann Rule
G - The Grim Leaper by Kurtis J. Wiebe
H - The Horla by Guy de Maupassant
I - Iscariot: A Novel of Judas by Toscsa Lee
J - The Joker Virus by Scott Peterson
K - "Killer Charm: The Double Lives of Psychopaths" by Linda Fairstein
L - Louis Armstrong: Jazz Legend by Terry Collins
M - May Day by F. Scott Fitzgerald
N - Night's Child by Maureen Jennings
O - Oddkins: A Fable For All Ages by Dean Koontz
P - The Poisoned Planet by Matthew K. Manning
QQuestions of Life ? by Nicky Gumbel.
RRedakai: Conquer the Kairu, Vol. 2, The Tiger Terror by Terrance Griep
S - The Strand Magazine: Nov.-Feb. 2013
T - Transformers, Regeneration One: Volume 1 by Simon Furman
U - The Un-Rest Cure and Other Stories by Saki
V - Voltron #5: Dragon Dawn by Brian Smith
W - The Wisdom of Father Brown by G.K. Chesterton
XX-Men: Battle of the Sentinels by Deborah Hautzig
Y - Young Justice: Haunted by Art Baltazar
Z - Zeus and the Thunderbolt of Doom by Joan Holub and Suzanne Williams

Comments

Popular Posts