Welcome

A Bookaholic, Pro-life, Pro-Family, Pro-Oxford Comma, Catholic (with Asperger's) who reads and writes as her obsession. These are the ramblings of the books I read.

I sometimes go through stages of "genre love", I'm addicted to mystery thrillers, Catholic theology, memoirs, 20th century Chinese historical fiction & Victorian fiction, and nonfiction; but you'll find I read an even wider variety of books than that. I have a teensy fascination with macabre non-fiction books about death and anything about insane asylums.

I also tend to post a lot of reviews of juvenile/teen books, with a nod towards what parents can expect to find that might or might not be objectionable.

I also blog about graphic novels and manga on a separate BLOG.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, March 29, 2012

100th Anniversary Titanic Reading Challenge: FINISHED

ETA:  I am officially finished this challenge as I signed up for the "Taking a Plunge" level of 6 books/movies.  However, I intend to continue playing along all year as I have several more interesting books gathered to read this year, plus I still haven't seen the movie yet!  So I will continue to add to the group list throughout the year and hope to comple the final level of "Going Down With the Ship"

This is my own challenge that I'm hosting.  There are three levels and I'm going for the second level of reading/watching 6 titanic media.  The challenge lasts from now until Dec. 31, 2012.  I have no predetermined reads, except I do intend to watch James Cameron's Titanic which {gasp!} I've never seen (Two reasons: it's a romance and I'm not fond of Leonardo Dicapprio) but it's one of those movies everybody has seen. 

These are the books/movies/documentaries I've read/watched:
Post reviews here.
1. That Fatal Night by Sarah Ellis
2. Deadly Voyage: RMS Titanic by Hugh Brewster
3. Titanic 2012 by Bill Walker
4. Women of the Titanic Disaster by Sylvia Caldwell
5. A Rare Titanic Family by Julie Hedgepeth Williams
6. Story of the Titanic by DK Publishing

Taking a Plunge Level (6) Completed

7. Titanic: Disaster at Sea by Martin Jenkins
8. Shadow of the Titanic: The Extraordinary Stories of Those Who Survived by Andrew Wilson
9.