207. Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the U.F.O. by David Adler

Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the U.F.O. by David Adler. Illustrated by Susanna Natti (Canada) - (US)
Cam Jansen, Book 2

Pages: 58
Ages: 7+
Finished: Sept. 14, 2011
First Published: 1980
Publisher: Puffin Books
Genre: children, early chapter books, mystery
Rating: 4/5


First sentence:

One cold November afternoon Cam Jansen and her friend Eric Shelton were walking through town.
Acquired: Purchased a used copy for a garage/book sale or thrift shop.

Reason for Reading:  Ds read aloud to me.  This is a more harder book than he's used to and I had him read it as a challenge while being there to readily help him along so he wouldn't get frustrated.

This was both my son's and my first Cam Jansen book.  I had expected Cam to be a boy and so was of course surprised and delighted with the story of how Jennifer came to be known as "Cam".  Cam and her friend Eric are interesting, bright and responsible fifth-graders whom I enjoyed reading about.  Eric is trying to enter a photography contest at school but he comes across some ne'er-do-well who must cheat at everything and Cam and Eric set out to figure what he is up to and honesty wins out in the end.  Ds seemed to be enjoying the story as he read, he had no complaints and laughed along with the story, but he's at that stage where if you ask him if he liked a book he'll just say "no" for the mere fact that he had to read it.  I'll pick up a few more of these if I run across them at thrift prices.  They certainly would have entertained my mystery gene when I was a kid!

Comments

Popular Posts