Arthur's Honey Bear by Lillian Hoban

Arthur's Honey Bear by Lillian Hoban (Canada) - (US)
I Can Read Books, Level 2

Pages: 64
Ages: 5+
Finished: June 27, 2011
First Published: 1974
Publisher: HarperCollins
Genre: children, easy reader
Rating: 3/5


First sentence:


It was spring-cleaning day.


Acquired: Purchased a used copy from a book/garage sale or thrift shop.

Reason for Reading: Ds read aloud to me as his reader.

Arthur and his sister Violet are cleaning out their toys and decide to sell some of them in a tag sale but Arthur has a hard time deciding whether to sell his Honey Bear or not.  I was never fond of this series as a child myself.  Can't really say why, just that Arthur never appealed to me.  But since we had this one on the shelf we used it as a reader.  The reading level was just on par with ds's abilities but the story was on the immature side and I can't say he was much interested in it either.  Not a bad story but certainly recommended for the youngest ages, 5/6 or so.

Comments

Popular Posts