The Random Reading Book Shelf Challenge

Goal #4 on my Goals for 2011 list is to read books from one of my bookshelves. On Feb. 18th I randomly picked a bookshelf. I decided to pick from my Juv/YA shelves to make the goal more realistic and I picked the bottom shelf on the left because I couldn't see what was on it. The shelf is in a dark spot. More surprise that way :-)The shelf is double stacked with books squeezed in for maximum use of space with no order, rhyme or reason to what is shelved together, though I do try to keep series books together.

The goal here is to read the entire shelf (or as close as possible) and move out of the house as many books as possible. I blindly grabbed a stackful of books and am working on those at the moment.

1. The Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White (keeper)

2. The Cay by Theodore Taylor (put on Bookmooch)

3. The Seventh Princess by Nick Sullivan (put on Bookmooch & gave away!)

4.The Lady Grace Mysteries, Book the First Assassin by Grace Cavendish, Maid of Honor to Elizabeth I by Patricia Feeney (gave to my neice)

5. The Boxcar Children #1 by Gertrude Chandler Warner (I'm collecting the 1st 19 books. keeper)

6. Surprise Island BC#2 by Gertrude Chandler Warner (I'm collecting the 1st 19 books. keeper)

2011 - read 6, gaveaway 2

2012 Project Continues With New Enthusiasm

7. The Yellow House Mystery BC#3 by Gertrude Chandler Warner (I'm collecting the 1st 19 books. keeper)

8. Mystery Ranch BC#4 by Gertrude Chandler Warner (I'm collecting the 1st 19 books. keeper)

9. Into the Dream by William Sleator (gave to thrift shop)

10. Blue Bay Mystery BC#6 by Gertrude Chandler Warner (I'm collecting the 1st 19 books. keeper)

2012 - read 4, gaveaway 1
total read: 10, total removed: 3 = 30%

2013 Project Continues With Determination

11. Cezanne Pinto: A Memoir by Mary Stolz (gave to thrift shop)


12. The Lighthouse Mystery by Gertrude Chandler Warner ((I'm collecting the 1st 19 books. keeper)

13. Sugar Creek Gang #1: The Swamp Robber by Paul Hutchens (gave to thrift shop)

DISCARDED this Project

Comments

Popular Posts