A Bookaholic, Pro-life, Pro-Family, Pro-Oxford Comma, Catholic (with Asperger's) who reads and writes as her obsession. I've been reading over 400 books a year lately. These are my ramblings on some of the books I read. To read about all the books I read and comment on, visit me at LibraryThing or Goodreads.

I've been blogging since 2007 and at this point (July 2015) am trying my hand at turning the theme of this blog towards mystery, thriller and crime, fiction and non-fiction. I have some special interest topics and categories within this broad genre which include (but are not limited to) serial killers, scandi-crime, Victorian history and historicals, history of the criminally insane and asylums, psychopathology, death, funerary practices and burial, corpses, true crime and anything dealing with the real life macabre, or that portrayed in fiction.

I also read a short story a day from various collections, sometimes anthologies othertimes collections of a single author's work. These reviews are also posted here and while they are of mixed genre the mystery, thriller, horror, gothic and macabre often appear within their pages as well.

I also blog about
graphic novels and manga on a separate BLOG.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Flying Up, Up and Away

not in a balloon but on a plane back home to my lovely little Niagara Falls this morning. My days of being a city person are so over! No book review for today, but they shall resume as regularly scheduled tomorrow. DH says I have about 15 parcels waiting for me. [goody, goody] and I have ILL cybils books waiting for me as well that I put on hold from here so I'd be ready to jump right back into required graphic novel writing. Can't wait to see my loved ones back home! Or start reading my fav. blogs again and talking to my blogger friends once more. Signing out from Calgary, Alberta


  1. I love that you said "My days of being a city person are so over!" I was born and raised in Niagara Falls, so I totally understand what you mean, whereas people that are not very familiar with Niagara Falls, would think it is a big city. While it can be quite a busy city, it doesn't have the big city feel.

  2. Yes, I have to keep reminding myself that this is a city. We call St. Catharines "going to the city". LOL

    But we live in the old part of town and I don't drive so it really does feel small town to me. I can walk to the post office, my church, library, Lococo's, drug store and the bank machine so I never feel I stuck.


Please leave your comments!