A Bookaholic, Pro-life, Pro-Family, Pro-Oxford Comma, Catholic (with Asperger's) who reads and writes as her obsession. I've been reading over 400 books a year lately. These are my ramblings on some of the books I read. To read about all the books I read and comment on, visit me at LibraryThing or Goodreads.

I've been blogging since 2007 and at this point (July 2015) am trying my hand at turning the theme of this blog towards mystery, thriller, and crime, fiction and nonfiction. I have some special interest topics and categories within this broad genre which include (but are not limited to) serial killers, scandi-crime, Victorian history and historicals, history of the criminally insane and asylums, psychopathology, death, funerary practices and burial, corpses, true crime and anything dealing with the real life macabre, or that portrayed in fiction.

I also read a short story a day from various collections, sometimes anthologies othertimes collections of a single author's work. These reviews are also posted here and while they are of mixed genre the mystery, thriller, horror, gothic and macabre often appear within their pages as well.

I also blog about
graphic novels and manga on a separate BLOG.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

R.I.P. Tony Curtis

Heartbreaking news this morning as we learn that Tony Curtis (85) has passed away at his home of cardiac arrest. He has always been one of my favourite actors and I enjoyed him both when he portrayed comedy and drama. Some of my favourites are "Operation Petticoat", "The Defiant Ones" and of course "Spartacus". We are quickly losing all the great actors and they will never be replaced with the breed that now comes from Hollywood. Goodbye Tony, may you rest in peace and my condolences go out to his daughter Jamie Leigh Curtis and his other children.


  1. You are right; there are not leading men (or women) coming up these days to replace the great ones.

    He lived a good long life, though!

  2. When I was in boarding school, my father came to visit one weekend and took a group of us to a movie. Tony Curtis was starring in the movie. I cannot remember the title but I can remember that it was a comedy. I grew up with the actors who have been in the obituary pages lately and I don't care for the new breed of actor.

  3. all my thoughts and prayers are with HIM. . May you rest in peace:(