I've finished the Random Reading Challenge. This Challenge took place over a year and I chose to read a book every month and spread it out over the whole year. I really enjoyed having a random number picked for me and then going to count out what my book was going to be. Each month I was so excited to read my book. It was a fun little thrill! These are the books I read and I'll be watching to see if the challenge will continue for another year because if it does, I'll be there!
Random Reading Challenge (Aug. 1 2009 - Jul. 31 2010) (12 books)
1. The Last Dickens by Matthew Pearl (Aug)
2. Dark Places by Gillian Flynn (Sept)
3. Testimony by Anita Shreve (Oct.)
4. Another Faust by Daniel & Dina Nayeri (Nov.)
5. BoneMan's Daughter by Ted Dekker (Dec.)
6. Innocent War by Susan Violante (Jan.)
7. Defenders of the Scroll by Shiraz (Feb.)
8. Going Bovine by Libba Bray (Mar.)
9. The Texicans by Nina Vida (Apr.)
10. Meridian by Amber Kizer (May)
11. Claim to Fame by Margaret Peterson Haddix (Jun.)
12. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows (Jul.)
A Bookaholic, Pro-life, Pro-Family, Catholic, with Asperger's, who reads and writes as her obsession. These are the ramblings of the books I read.
I sometimes go through stages of "genre love", I'm addicted to mystery thrillers, Catholic theology, memoirs, 20th century Chinese historical fiction & Victorian fiction and non-fiction, but you'll find I read an even wider variety of books than that, both fiction and non-fiction. I have a teensy fascination with macabre non-fiction books about death and anything about insane asylums.
I also tend to post a lot of reviews of juvenile/teen books, with a nod towards what parents can expect to find that might or might not be objectionable.
I also blog about graphic novels and manga on a separate BLOG.