May's Random Book & Month's End Ramblings

This month for the Random Reading Challenge I headed on over to random.org and plugged in some #'s and was given creepy ole' #13. So I went to the towering stack of unread arcs leftover from last year and counted down 13, wondering if I'd get a suitable thirteen-ish type of book and this is where I landed .......

#13. Meridian by Amber Kizer



Half-human, half-angel, Meridian Sozu has a dark responsibility.

Sixteen-year-old Meridian has been surrounded by death ever since she can remember. As a child, insects, mice, and salamanders would burrow into her bedclothes and die. At her elementary school, she was blamed for a classmate’s tragic accident. And on her sixteenth birthday, a car crashes in front of her family home—and Meridian’s body explodes in pain.

Before she can fully recover, Meridian is told that she’s a danger to her family and hustled off to her great-aunt’s house in Revelation, Colorado. It’s there that she learns that she is a Fenestra—the half-angel, half-human link between the living and the dead. But Meridian and her sworn protector and love, Tens, face great danger from the Aternocti, a band of dark forces who capture vulnerable souls on the brink of death and cause chaos.


Definitely a Thirteen!

As you can see I'm back from out West so I'll be going back and answering those of you who were kind enough to comment on my posts while I was away. I'll also pop on over to your blogs and see what you've been up to. I haven't been over to my Google Reader yet but I'm just going to have to mark all read and start afresh or I'll never have time to read a book again. I subscribe to too many blogs, but I just can't help it!

Looking at my final stats for April I only managed to read 14 books which is way down for me. I felt like I always had a book with me so was kinda disappointed to see the result. My favourite book of the month was The Snowman by Jo Nesbo, an excellently crafted thriller.

My moving watching on the other hand was up. I saw 6 movies (I usually watch 4 or less) and I actually went and paid money at the theatre to see one. First time this year! Was it worth it? It was worth the night out with my sister and niece whatever the movie would have been. The movie itself was all right. The six movies I watched this month range from 1936 to 2010 and are a very broad mix.

Comments

Popular Posts