A Bookaholic, Pro-life, Pro-Family, Pro-Oxford Comma, Catholic (with Asperger's) who reads and writes as her obsession. I've been reading over 400 books a year lately. These are my ramblings on some of the books I read. To read about all the books I read and comment on, visit me at LibraryThing or Goodreads.

I've been blogging since 2007 and at this point (July 2015) am trying my hand at turning the theme of this blog towards mystery, thriller, and crime, fiction and nonfiction. I have some special interest topics and categories within this broad genre which include (but are not limited to) serial killers, scandi-crime, Victorian history and historicals, history of the criminally insane and asylums, psychopathology, death, funerary practices and burial, corpses, true crime and anything dealing with the real life macabre, or that portrayed in fiction.

I also read a short story a day from various collections, sometimes anthologies othertimes collections of a single author's work. These reviews are also posted here and while they are of mixed genre the mystery, thriller, horror, gothic and macabre often appear within their pages as well.

I also blog about
graphic novels and manga on a separate BLOG.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday: Books in the Mail

This last week was a fun one for my mailbox. I received 2 graphic novels for review, a book I won, and a very special book as well.

First, the special book. Jeremy Walker contacted me a while back asking my permission to quote me in a blurb on the paperback edition of his fantastic young adult novel "Saye" and I was thrilled to receive a copy of said edition. Here's my blurb, printed on the back cover:

I really encourage all YA fantasy/science fiction fans to read this book! I highly recommend it. You can read my review here.

Then I was the lucky winner at A Bookworm's World. Thanks Luanne!

Review Books from Simon & Schuster Canada:


  1. Congratulations on being blurbed! That's very exciting!! Enjoy your new books.

  2. Wow, you are now famous! Congrats on having the author pick your words. Enjoy all your new books Here's my mailbox

  3. Oh, my, what an honor!

    And your mailbox looks enticing...

    Here's mine:


  4. Wow, what an honor to be quoted! That's pretty exciting. I have got first Charlaine Harris from the library this last week.

  5. Congratulations on your blurb! That is great! Enjoy your new books!

  6. The graphic novels / manga look good. My two are posted <a href="http://www.pussreboots.pair.com/blog/2010/comments_03/mailbox_monday_march_08.html>here</a>.

  7. Charlaine Harris is a fun read. I hope that you will enjoy your books. Here's mine.

  8. Congrats on the blurb, that's so cool! Enjoy your books!

  9. That's awesome! That's one of my "book blogging" goals. :-)

  10. Love the blurb. Congratulations!

  11. You're welcome Nicola!
    Very cool about the blurb! Congrats!