Canadian Challenge Meme

So here's a meme John put together for members of the 3rd Canadian Reading Challenge.

Your Favourites:
1. Favourite Canadian author? - Monica Hughes

2. Favourite Canadian novel? - Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

3. Favourite Canadian nonfiction? - Never Cry Wolf by Farley Mowat

4. Favourite Canadian picture book? - The Mud Puddle by Robert Munsch

5. Favourite Canadian YA or juvenile chapter book? - Silverwing by Kenneth Oppel

6. Favourite Canadian science fiction or fantasy book? - The Isis Trilogy by Monica Hughes

7. Favourite Canadian romantic fiction? - Kilmeny of the Orchard by L.M. Montgomery

8. Favourite Canadian mystery? - Eye of the Crow by Shane Peacock

9. Favourite Canadian graphic novel? - I've only read one and it wasn't a favourite.

10. Favourite Canadian book blog? - John, Kailana, Teddy Rose (that's off the top of my head, the rest of you know who you are!)

11. Favourite Canadian fictional character? Sarah Stanley (The Story Girl, LM Montgomery)

12. Favourite movie based on a Canadian novel or story? can't think of any and I'm done with LMM

13. Favourite Canadian short story? The Hockey Sweater by Roch Carrier

14. Favourite Canadian poet? Dennis Lee

15. Favourite Canadian poem? The Cremation of Sam McGee

16. Favourite Canadian play? Anne of GG (I can't think of anything else!)

17. Favourite novel by an established Canadian author? Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood

18. Favourite novel by an up-and-coming Canadian author? The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson

19. Favourite Canadian book award? Governor General's award for Children's Literature in English

20. Favourite Canadian publisher? Random House Canada

21. Favourite Canadian humorous book? can't really think of anything though I've enjoyed some of the earliest "For Better or Worse" collections.

22. Favourite Canadian newspaper? The National Post

23. Favourite Canadian magazine or journal? Catholic Insight

24. Favourite Canadian dystopian novel? Oryx and Crake by Atwood

25. Favourite Canadian epistolary novel? I actually read a lot of books in this format but nothing is coming to me except The Stone Diaries by Carol Shields but I can't even remember if it is written this way.

Comments

  1. I can't think of an answer for the last question, either. I was thinking The Stone Diaries, too, but it has been so long since I read it I can't remember how it is written...

    Fun answers, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We only have #10 in common though I suspect if I ever get around to reading Atwood's prose, some of my answers would change. Mystery kind of stumped me and the only graphic novel that I trully enjoyed wasn't by a Canadian but I did get #25!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts