131. The Lindbergh Child by Rick Geary


The Lindbergh Child by Rick Geary
A Treasury of XXth Century Murder, Book 1

Pages: un-numbered
Ages: 14+
Finished: Jul. 23 2009
First Published: Aug, 2008
Genre: graphic novel, non-fiction, true crime
Rating: 4/5

First sentence:

Saturday, May 21, 1927 Charles A. Lindbergh becomes the hero of the age with his courageous solo flight across the Atlantic.

Reason for Reading: Next in the series, but actually I should say first in a new series.

Comments: Rick Geary moves on to the 20th century with this book taking a look at one of the most famous crimes of the century. Whether that still holds true because of the celebrity of the victim's father or now the obvious failure of the justice system and obvious lack of evidence I don't know. What can I say? This book gives exactly what one expects from Geary in his true crime books. Astounding art work. To be honest I'd read the phone book if he illustrated it! But fortunately the text is just as superior. A lot of research has gone into this volume. I'm quite familiar with the case and Geary covers a lot of information from all points of view even to the point of examining the plausibilities of various "whodunit" scenarios. While Geary's last few books were good as usual, The Saga of the Bloody Benders in particular was lacking in details simply as they don't exist; it's good to see the wealth of detail come back as in earlier books such as The Borden Tragedy and The Beast of Chicago. One fervent hope I have now that Geary has moved onto the 20th century, he even has a new book* out already, is that he won't forget his Victorian series as I for one would like to see more continue from that era as well. Mr. Geary, your readers can certainly handle keeping up with both series. {hint, hint}. Not much to say in this review, Geary at his best. Fans will be pleased to see Geary in top form and if you haven't read Geary yet, why not?

*that link won't work forever, let me know when it stops working and I'll grab the new one when they move it.

Follow me on Twitter!
Friend me on Facebook (say how you know me)

Comments

  1. I just love Rick Geary!!! I've got another couple on hold at the library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a Geary fan as well, and can't wait to read his 20th century series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy - I've been noticing your frequent Geary reviews. Glad you are enjoying him. I just love his him!

    Bybee - Yeah, another Geary fan! Now that I've caught up with him it's going to be hard to wait for each new release :-(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts