A Bookaholic, Pro-life, Pro-Family, Pro-Oxford Comma, Catholic (with Asperger's) who reads and writes as her obsession. I've been reading over 400 books a year lately. These are my ramblings on some of the books I read. To read about all the books I read and comment on, visit me at LibraryThing or Goodreads.

I've been blogging since 2007 and at this point (July 2015) am trying my hand at turning the theme of this blog towards mystery, thriller, and crime, fiction and nonfiction. I have some special interest topics and categories within this broad genre which include (but are not limited to) serial killers, scandi-crime, Victorian history and historicals, history of the criminally insane and asylums, psychopathology, death, funerary practices and burial, corpses, true crime and anything dealing with the real life macabre, or that portrayed in fiction.

I also read a short story a day from various collections, sometimes anthologies othertimes collections of a single author's work. These reviews are also posted here and while they are of mixed genre the mystery, thriller, horror, gothic and macabre often appear within their pages as well.

I also blog about
graphic novels and manga on a separate BLOG.

Monday, December 1, 2008

Monday: Review Copies in the Mail

Well, it's been a while since I did my weekly Monday post. I was away for 3 weeks and have been home just over a week so the following books are the review copies that arrived for me while I was away and since I've been back.

That makes a total of 8 new review books in. During that same period of time I have read and reviewed 10 with 1 more read that will be reviewed later today making 11. That means my pile of arcs is actually 3 books smaller! Woohoo. Now if I could just figure out how to read faster I may one day get caught up. But I'm having fun trying. It's amazing just how many of the review books I receive that I love. There has been a dud here and there but by far I am really enjoying the new work that is coming out these days. Next year I hope to get back into a routine of reading a review copy then just any old book I feel like reading. The alternating worked well for me, I just don't like having an overflowing pile of arcs. So many books, so little time .... {sigh}


  1. You were missed. I hope you had a fabulous time.

    Serena is 1 of about 5 that I just can't wait to get to (that are in my possession - there are a million otherwise). :) I have a few other commitments before I can begin to plug away at my wanna reads.

  2. I also recently got a copy of The Lost City of Z. Looks fascinating! Can't wait to hear what you think of it.