152. Hunters of the Dusk


Hunters of the Dusk by Darren Shan
Book 7 of The Saga of Darran Shan


Pages: 208
Finished: Sept. 16, 2008
First Published: 2002
Genre: YA, horror
Rating: 4.5/5

Reason for Reading: next in the series. RIP III Challenge.

First sentence:

It was an age of tragic mistakes.


Comments: I've come this far in this series that I've realized that each 3 books contain a story arc within the main plot of the series. This makes Book 7 the start of a new adventure for Darren, this time he and his companions, are on a quest to kill the Lord of the Vampaneze before he becomes fully blooded. This will make no sense to anyone who hasn't read the series but it's all I can say without giving away spoilers of previous books.

New characters are introduced in this book which I loved, especially the witch, Evanna. Darren Shan keeps these books fresh by adding new characters throughout the series. Plus we also see all the favourite characters who have travelled through each successive book. I was thrilled when Darren and Mr. Crepsley made a return visit to the Cirque du Freak in this book. I've been hoping that would happen. It was a brief visit but my desire was sated. Is there a YA vampire series out there any better than this one? I highly doubt it! If you like vampire books,run, don't walk, and get yourself a copy of the first book Cirque du Freak (A Living Nightmare) immediately.

Comments

  1. I love it when characters make guest appearances in a series, especially when we really like them.

    This sounds like an interesting series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read this series I have it in 4 collected volumes so it kept the main story arcs together. You are just over half way though now, not long to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I know, it's so exciting! I've already got the next one waiting to squeeze in between my arc reading these days.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts