137. Say Goodbye


Say Goodbye by Lisa Gardner
Sixth book in the Quincy/Rainie series

Pages: 360
Finished: Aug. 4, 2008
First Published: July 15, 2008
Genre: thriller, mystery
Rating: 4.5/5

Reason for Reading: I received a Review Copy from Random House Canada.

First sentence:

He was moaning, a guttural sound in the back of his throat as his fingers tightened their grip in her hair.

Comments: Kimberly Quincy, FBI agent, is told a strange tale by a prostitute of a very scary man who is taking and killing prostitutes and has been for years. Another agent finds an unmarked envelope under his car wipers with driver's licences for 6 young women. When a few names match the prostitute's story Kimberly believes the tale. But with no missing persons reports and no bodies the word of one hooker does not make a case. As the story progresses we are introduced to one of the most vicious serial killers I've read about recently. There is more than just the one story here though, a child who has been abducted and leads a life of fear and degradation enters the scene and this thrilling thriller takes the reader on a roller coaster ride.



This is my first Lisa Gardner book and I can't believe I've waited this long. I enjoyed this thriller just as much as any by my other favourite authors (ie. Slaughter or Gerritsen). This read is fast-paced, very disturbingly gruesome, with a plot that twists and shocks. You can't ask for more when it comes to a serial killer thriller. As a first-timer with this series I found it very easy to jump in with this sixth book, enough past details are given to explain what drives the characters and also to make me want to go back and read the other books. I will definitely be reading more Lisa Gardner.

Comments

  1. I've had Gardner on my TBR list and challenge lists for a long time now, but haven't got to her YET. I'm looking forward to it - even more so now. :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another one that sounds really good! I think you are doing a great job with all your ARC's!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts