Monday New Review Books in the Mail

Lots of ARCs came in the mail last week, all from Harper Collins Canada.



Home by Marilynne Robinson and Mudbound by Hillary Jordan





Plus a bunch of new books by Canadian YA authors. I can't wait to read the new Airborn book by Kenneth Oppel (Starclimber).

Remember how a few weeks ago I mentioned how well my arc reading was going. How I would alternate my reading, read an arc then read an old book. Of course it all went out the window the beginning of this month. Everything was going so well than the first week of July I kept getting calls from the library that ILL requests were in and books I'd been in line for forever were in for me as well. So all these books decide to drop on me at the exact same time and though we have an excellent ILL program we only get to keep them for 4 weeks so I've been desperately trying to get all the library reading done this month and not reading as many arcs as I should have. Fortunately, I've only got a couple of library books left that are due back by the end of July.
So I am declaring August as ARC/Review Copy month here at Back to Books. With very few exceptions I'm going to dedicate the month to catching up on the arc reviews so I can get back to my lovely alternating plan that was working so well pre-July. And I'm not going to order any more ILLs during August either. Wish me luck.

Comments

  1. I've heard great things about Mudbound!! I'm with you on the ARC's. I'm having a hard time keeping up. Maybe I should follow your lead and only read ARC's in August!! That would certainly make a dent in my list!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED, LOVED Mudbound. I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had to bring Mudbound back to the library. I had no time to read it. :-( I'm back on the list though!

    It's so exciting to get ARC's in the mail!

    Lezlie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts