Disappointment

My very first Interlibrary Loan disappointment. I just got a call today that they have been unable to find a library with a copy of

Peachblossom by Eleanor Frances Lattimore.



It makes me so sad to know that this book is no longer available to anyone in the province of Ontario. This used to be one of my favourites when I was a little girl. Written in 1943, it is about a little Chinese girl during WWII.

ETA (July 5): Pussreboots has generously offered me her copy when she has finished reading it! How cool is that? Thanks so much Puss!

Comments

  1. I thought I'd try to help you out and find the book for you online at somewhere like AbeBooks.com, but here is all I found for you. That's not checking other similar sources, but that might be an indication, this book is really hard to find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've found a copy. You can have it after I've read it. If you're interested, send me your address via my contact form. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! Thanks for looking for me. I think that may be just a little over my price range, you think? Looks like that seller overprices everything, though.

    I found a couple for $8 but they sound pretty ratty. But then any copy is bettern than none.

    ReplyDelete
  4. puss... no way? really? oh my!!! I'll contact you. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sad you couldn't get this book. But it looks like the blogger world has come through for you!! How cool is that??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I'm totally curious about this one. My library doesn't have it as well but amazon did for a LOT of money. So glad you came up with a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the copy and I'm reading it. I love the illustrations. The book has been "well read" but it is still intact. I'll be sending it to you August 2.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much, puss! I am looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts