131. The Bleeding Dusk


The Bleeding Dusk by Colleen Gleason
The Gardella Vampire Chronicles, Book 3

Pages: 346
Finished: July 26, 2008
First Published: Feb. 2008
Genre: paranormal romance
Rating: 3.5/5

Reason for Reading: Next in the series.

First sentence:

The lair of the Queen of the Vampires was tucked away in the snowy mountain range of Muntii Fagaras.


Comments: As the third book in the series it is difficult to summarize the plot without spoilers so I will keep it brief. Victoria (and the rest of the gang) are on the trail of a demon who has evil plans and Beauregard has also become more of a threat making Sebastian torn between his loyalties.

Honestly, I found this entry in the series quite a bit slower than the first two. The pacing of the first half was slow and the romance was a bit much for me. Victoria's swaying between yearning and anger does become tiresome after a while. Plus, with all the romance we were rewarded with only one, rather lame, sex scene.

Halfway through, the pace does pick up and the danger and intrigue take over the plot. It was at this point I felt the book more worthy of the first two installments. And if there is anything Colleen Gleason can do: it is to deliver a totally unexpected and devastating ending. The last several chapters I just couldn't read fast enough. I wanted to turn the pages faster than I could read them which made the book a worthwhile read and of course, I must now read the next installment which will be published next month, August, (I believe) to find out what happens next.

Comments

  1. I love this series! Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do need to read this series. I recently read Touch the Dark by Karen Chance which you might like. It was possibly the opposite being a little action happy, but once it settled down was a very good read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to get this series read. It sounds great. Thanks for your review.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts