124. Trials of Death


Trials of Death by Darren Shan
Fifth book in Cirque Du Freak: The Saga of Darren Shan series


Pages: 202
Finished: July 10, 2008
First Published: 2001
Genre: YA, horror
Rating: 4.5/5

Reason for Reading: next in the series.

First sentence:

If people ever tell you vampires aren't real -- don't believe them!


Comments: At this point in the series it becomes increasingly difficult to summarize the story without giving away what has happened in previous books so I will no longer summarize each individual book in much detail. This book does start a new phase for the series, though. Darren is still with the Vampire Council and a new threat has begun.

This turn in the story's plot was very interesting and excitement. I'm really enjoying the whole vampire community that Shan has created. Shan has strayed from the typical (Dracula) type of vampire and created his own, very unique, vampire mythos. This particular book in the series is probably my favourite so far. The twist at the end took me by surprise and the cliff hanger ending has me anxious to run to the library for the next volume. What a great series for vampire fans!

Comments

  1. I love these books! I've been a vampire lover since early childhood.

    Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of those series I keep seeing when I'm in the library. I always mean to grab one and try it, but I never do.

    Guess I'd better change that. They sound really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, yes, stephanie they are so good. And they are so short (around 200pgs each) that I read them as a fun break between larger books.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts