Welcome

A Bookaholic, Pro-life, Pro-Family, Pro-Oxford Comma, Catholic (with Asperger's) who reads and writes as her obsession. These are the ramblings of the books I read.

I sometimes go through stages of "genre love", I'm addicted to mystery thrillers, Catholic theology, memoirs, 20th century Chinese historical fiction & Victorian fiction, and nonfiction; but you'll find I read an even wider variety of books than that. I have a teensy fascination with macabre non-fiction books about death and anything about insane asylums.

I also tend to post a lot of reviews of juvenile/teen books, with a nod towards what parents can expect to find that might or might not be objectionable.

I also blog about graphic novels and manga on a separate BLOG.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Southern Challenge - Completed

I just finished the southern challenge! I liked every book I read and absolutely loved the first two. All books I read were from my original list of choices. I'm really looking forward to reading more by Fannie Flagg. Thanks to Maggie for hosting a fabulous challenge.

Here's the list of books I read:

1. Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg
2. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
3. Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind by Ann B. Ross