Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Canadian Book Challenge Part 2

So, I signed up for the second Canadian Book Challenge ages ago and since it will be starting soon I thought I'd better get my post up for it. The challenge runs from July 1st 2008 - July 1st 2009. One year to read 13 books by Canadian authors or about Canada. I will not be making a list this year as I totally suck at sticking to a list. Instead I will read books as they appeal to me.

A few books I currently have on my bedside table that I hopefully will be reading within the next year are:

The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje
Inside by Kenneth J. Harvey (I won this during the 1st Can. challenge!)
Crow Lake by Mary Lawson
Stephen Fair by Tim Wynne-Jones
Obasan by Joy Kogawa (I've read the YA version based on this)
Who Has Seen the Wind by W.O. Mitchell (this will be a re-read)
The Stone Angel by Margaret Laurence
Lives of the Saints by Nino Ricci

1 comment:

  1. You know, I'm reading Crow Lake right now. It's surprisingly good. Very slow moving, but it works well that way.

    ReplyDelete