Movie Reviews


Shrek the Third - I'm just not having any luck with #3s when it comes to movies. First Spiderman 3, then Pirates of the Caribbean 3 and now this one. I just was not impressed. I love the first Shrek and have watched it several times, also the second one may not be quite as good but it is close. This time I really did not find it funny at all. There was just too much antics and not enough story and Eddie Murphy was not as fun either. Maybe I should just stay away from 3rds.




The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane - This 1976 movie starring Jodie Foster and Martin Sheen was awesome. It is quite a simple plot so I don't want to give anything away. But it does keep you wondering just what is going on. The ending is chilling and brilliant. Martin Sheen was so young and his character is so creepy. Jodie Foster was 14 for this film and already a fantastic actor. The musical score is classical music and while it took some getting used to, I found it very refreshing to watch a movie that wasn't filled with pop music. Recommended if you enjoy classic thrillers or horrors.

Comments

  1. I remember reading 'The little Girl who lIved Down the Lane" when I was a teenager. I still remember it. (The almond taste of the coffee..... creepy.)I didn't know there was a movie. I'll have to hunt it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know it was book! I'll have to see if I can find it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts