Canadian Challenge Completed

This week I finished the Canadian Challenge. The goal was to read 13 books by Canadian authors or that take place in Canada. I did not make a starting list but rather chose books as I went along. This challenge came up just at the time I was personally committing to read more Canadian authors so it helped me to start off on the right foot. All of the authors I chose are either Canadian or have lived in Canada for a number of years. Most of the books I chose were fantasies so I didn't visit many provinces along the way. Even though I am finished this challenge my personal commitment to read more Canadian authors stands.

I enjoyed every single book I read for this challenge. Some were good, some great, and a few fantastic. I've found authors I will continue reading and I really enjoyed this challenge. Hopefully, there will be a Part 2 next year.

The books I read for the challenge and the province they take place in were:


1. The Tin Flute by Gabrielle Roy(Quebec)
2. The Alchemist's Dream by John Wilson(Arctic)
3. Elijah of Buxton by Cristopher Paul Curtis(Ontario)
4. Gemini Summer by Iain Lawrence (outside Canada)
5. Eye of the Crow by Shane Peacock (outside Canada)
6. Kanada by Eva Wiseman(outside Canada)
7. Silverwing by Kenneth Oppel(North America)
8. Dust by Arthur Slade(Saskatchewan)
9. Sunwing by Kenneth Oppel (outside Canada)
10. The Serpent's Egg by J. Fitzgerald McCurdy (Ottawa, Ontario)
11. High Spirits: A Collection of Ghost Stories by Robertson Davies (Ontario)
12. Empress of Asia by Adam Lewis Schroeder (BC)
13. Keturah & Lord Death the Martine Leavitt (outside Canada)

Comments

  1. Congratulations on finishing! Wow, your way ahead. I joined lated and am still whittling away at it. I'm currently reading Anne of Green Gables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Teddy.

    Ah, yes, Anne. I am hoping to re-read some LM Montgomery this year but haven't decided if I'm going to do Anne or something else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on finishing so soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts