Welcome

A Bookaholic, Pro-life, Pro-Family, Pro-Oxford Comma, Catholic (with Asperger's) who reads and writes as her obsession. I've been reading over 400 books a year lately. These are my ramblings on some of the books I read. To read about all the books I read and comment on, visit me at LibraryThing or Goodreads.

I've been blogging since 2007 and at this point (July 2015) am trying my hand at turning the theme of this blog towards mystery, thriller and crime, fiction and non-fiction. I have some special interest topics and categories within this broad genre which include (but are not limited to) serial killers, scandi-crime, Victorian history and historicals, history of the criminally insane and asylums, psychopathology, death, funerary practices and burial, corpses, true crime and anything dealing with the real life macabre, or that portrayed in fiction.

I also read a short story a day from various collections, sometimes anthologies othertimes collections of a single author's work. These reviews are also posted here and while they are of mixed genre the mystery, thriller, horror, gothic and macabre often appear within their pages as well.



I also blog about
graphic novels and manga on a separate BLOG.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Movie Review: Little Miss Sunshine

Little Miss Sunshine


Director: Jonathan Dayton
Starring: Greg Kinnear, Steve Carell, Alan Arkin
Released: 2006
Own/Rent: Library
Reason for watching: After hearing someone referring to it, I looked it up online and thought it sounded good.
Rating: 4.5/5

Comments: Since I had never heard of this until just recently, I didn't know what to expect going in, except that it was quirky. Quirky it was, indeed, but also hilarious and heartwarming. Throughout the whole movie we chuckled over and over but at the end when you find out what the little girl's talent for the beauty pageant is we were roaring with laughter. Every one of the actors was wonderful, Alan Arkin especially and I see he won an Oscar for the part. This is an exceptional movie and one that shouldn't be missed. Recommended!



We've also watched a few movies with the 7yo recently. These are:

Curious George - (own) a bit too sappy, sweet for my tastes but the 7yo liked it well enough.

Dennis the Menace Strikes Again - (TV) enjoyable but the first one is better

Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit - (library) honestly I was bored with this and couldn't keep my mind on it.