Monday, December 31, 2007

139. Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident

Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident by Eoin Colfer
Second Artemis Fowl book


Pages: 277
Finished: Dec. 30, 2007
Reason for Reading: next in the series. Series challenge
First Published: 2002
Genre: YA fantasy
Rating: 3.5/5

First Sentence:

By the age of thirteen, our subject, Artemis Fowl, was displaying signs of an intellect greater than any human since Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.


Comments: A couple of years ago I read the first Artemis Fowl book and was not impressed at all. I've been told the books get better after the first so I thought I'd see for myself. I'm pleased to say that I did enjoy this book. Artemis is a much nicer person in this book who learns about friendship and respect. Artemis joins forces with the fairy people to first save them from a goblin takeover and second to try to rescue Artemis' father. I really enjoyed the world in which the fairies inhabit alongside the mundane world. This book read very much like a James Bond movie with non-stop spy adventures including such characters as centaurs, pixies, dwarfs, leprechauns, goblins. Hopefully the third book will be even better.

1 comment:

  1. I've really enjoyed the Artemis Fowl books. The Eternity Code is absolutely brilliant.

    ReplyDelete