139. Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident

Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident by Eoin Colfer
Second Artemis Fowl book


Pages: 277
Finished: Dec. 30, 2007
Reason for Reading: next in the series. Series challenge
First Published: 2002
Genre: YA fantasy
Rating: 3.5/5

First Sentence:

By the age of thirteen, our subject, Artemis Fowl, was displaying signs of an intellect greater than any human since Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.


Comments: A couple of years ago I read the first Artemis Fowl book and was not impressed at all. I've been told the books get better after the first so I thought I'd see for myself. I'm pleased to say that I did enjoy this book. Artemis is a much nicer person in this book who learns about friendship and respect. Artemis joins forces with the fairy people to first save them from a goblin takeover and second to try to rescue Artemis' father. I really enjoyed the world in which the fairies inhabit alongside the mundane world. This book read very much like a James Bond movie with non-stop spy adventures including such characters as centaurs, pixies, dwarfs, leprechauns, goblins. Hopefully the third book will be even better.

Comments

  1. I've really enjoyed the Artemis Fowl books. The Eternity Code is absolutely brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts