#72. Winnie-the-Pooh

Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne

Pages: 159
Finished: Sept. 11, 2007
Reason for Reading: Read aloud to my 7yo
First Published: 1926
Genre: children's classic, fantasy
Rating: 5/5

First Sentence:

Here is Edward Bear, coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head, behind Christopher Robin.


Comments: What can I say about this book? Except that if you haven't read it, you really must. A truly wonderful story to read-aloud and suitable for all ages, young and old. The language and the illustrations are both equally beautiful. The 7yo has always been a big Winnie the Pooh fan and seeing the twinkle in his eyes as I read this to him is priceless. These would also make wonderful bedtime stories as each chapter is pretty much a self-contained story, though reference to past events is occasionally mentioned. We are both looking forward to reading the sequel, The House at Pooh Corner. I only wish Milne had written more.

Comments

  1. I love this book. I'm planning on reading/reviewing it for several 2008 challenges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I just heart this book!! Winnie the Pooh is just one of my all-time favorites!! My 5-year-old daughter is a huge Pooh fan. We watch all the movies together. I usually cry!! It's all rather embarassing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts