A Bookaholic, Pro-life, Pro-Family, Pro-Oxford Comma, Catholic (with Asperger's) who reads and writes as her obsession. I've been reading over 400 books a year lately. These are my ramblings on some of the books I read. To read about all the books I read and comment on, visit me at LibraryThing or Goodreads.

I've been blogging since 2007 and at this point (July 2015) am trying my hand at turning the theme of this blog towards mystery, thriller, and crime, fiction and nonfiction. I have some special interest topics and categories within this broad genre which include (but are not limited to) serial killers, scandi-crime, Victorian history and historicals, history of the criminally insane and asylums, psychopathology, death, funerary practices and burial, corpses, true crime and anything dealing with the real life macabre, or that portrayed in fiction.

I also read a short story a day from various collections, sometimes anthologies othertimes collections of a single author's work. These reviews are also posted here and while they are of mixed genre the mystery, thriller, horror, gothic and macabre often appear within their pages as well.

I also blog about
graphic novels and manga on a separate BLOG.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

#72. Winnie-the-Pooh

Winnie-the-Pooh by A.A. Milne

Pages: 159
Finished: Sept. 11, 2007
Reason for Reading: Read aloud to my 7yo
First Published: 1926
Genre: children's classic, fantasy
Rating: 5/5

First Sentence:

Here is Edward Bear, coming downstairs now, bump, bump, bump, on the back of his head, behind Christopher Robin.

Comments: What can I say about this book? Except that if you haven't read it, you really must. A truly wonderful story to read-aloud and suitable for all ages, young and old. The language and the illustrations are both equally beautiful. The 7yo has always been a big Winnie the Pooh fan and seeing the twinkle in his eyes as I read this to him is priceless. These would also make wonderful bedtime stories as each chapter is pretty much a self-contained story, though reference to past events is occasionally mentioned. We are both looking forward to reading the sequel, The House at Pooh Corner. I only wish Milne had written more.


  1. I love this book. I'm planning on reading/reviewing it for several 2008 challenges. :)

  2. Oh...I just heart this book!! Winnie the Pooh is just one of my all-time favorites!! My 5-year-old daughter is a huge Pooh fan. We watch all the movies together. I usually cry!! It's all rather embarassing!