Welcome

A Bookaholic, Pro-life, Pro-Family, Pro-Oxford Comma, Catholic (with Asperger's) who reads and writes as her obsession. I've been reading over 400 books a year lately. These are my ramblings on some of the books I read. To read about all the books I read and comment on, visit me at LibraryThing or Goodreads.

I've been blogging since 2007 and at this point (July 2015) am trying my hand at turning the theme of this blog towards mystery, thriller, and crime, fiction and nonfiction. I have some special interest topics and categories within this broad genre which include (but are not limited to) serial killers, scandi-crime, Victorian history and historicals, history of the criminally insane and asylums, psychopathology, death, funerary practices and burial, corpses, true crime and anything dealing with the real life macabre, or that portrayed in fiction.

I also read a short story a day from various collections, sometimes anthologies othertimes collections of a single author's work. These reviews are also posted here and while they are of mixed genre the mystery, thriller, horror, gothic and macabre often appear within their pages as well.


I also blog about
graphic novels and manga on a separate BLOG.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Thrifting Books

I can't stop shopping for books. You know I can't enter a thrift store and not come out with books. Yesterday I bought a couple and today I bought a few more. Here are the books that just had to come home with me this weekend:

Pawn of Prophecy (The Belgariad #1) by David Eddings - I've wanted to read this series since forever.

Dove and Sword: A Novel of Joan of Arc by Nancy Garden - a YA historical fiction which looks very good.

Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry - another I've wanted to read for a very long time. I love westerns but don't seem to read many and this is a Pullitzer winner so I could read this for the book award challenge.

The Guardians by John Christopher - I've read most of Christopher's books and usually never see one at the thrift stores that I haven't read, so was tickled to find this one and it sounds very good, a dystopia type of story.

The Secret Life of Laszlo, Count Dracula by Roderick Anscombe - never heard of it but I'm willing to try any Vampire book that looks good.

Alias Grace by Margaret Atwood - Once I started reading the inside flap on this one I knew I had to get it. A historical fiction take on a true Canadian murder during Victorian times.

The Great Railway Bazaar by Paul Theroux - I read Riding the Iron Rooster when I was a teenager and was captivated with it and thought I'd give another of his a whirl.

Daughter of Witches by Patricia C. Wrede - another fantasy author I've never read but always wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment