A Bookaholic, Pro-life, Pro-Family, Pro-Oxford Comma, Catholic (with Asperger's) who reads and writes as her obsession. I've been reading over 400 books a year lately. These are my ramblings on some of the books I read. To read about all the books I read and comment on, visit me at LibraryThing or Goodreads.

I've been blogging since 2007 and at this point (July 2015) am trying my hand at turning the theme of this blog towards mystery, thriller, and crime, fiction and nonfiction. I have some special interest topics and categories within this broad genre which include (but are not limited to) serial killers, scandi-crime, Victorian history and historicals, history of the criminally insane and asylums, psychopathology, death, funerary practices and burial, corpses, true crime and anything dealing with the real life macabre, or that portrayed in fiction.

I also read a short story a day from various collections, sometimes anthologies othertimes collections of a single author's work. These reviews are also posted here and while they are of mixed genre the mystery, thriller, horror, gothic and macabre often appear within their pages as well.

I also blog about
graphic novels and manga on a separate BLOG.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Garage Sale Saturday

Well, went book shopping again this Saturday, this time we went to a bunch of garage sales. I ended up with a nice stack of books:

The Great Ghost Rescue by Eva Ibbotson - I love this author and was thrilled to find this one which I've never read.

Magic by the Lake by Edward Eager
Half-Magic by Edward Eager
The Well-Wishers by Edward Eager - These are to read-aloud to my 7yo. Now I almost have all his books.

The Horse You Came in On by Martha Grimes - I love Richard Jury books!

The Hand of Robin Squires by Joan Clark - This is fabulous Canadian historical fiction for young adults about the mysterious Oak Island treasure. I read this along time ago and will read it again aloud to the 7yo once he's older.

Lost Race of Mars by Robert Silverberg - an old Scholastic paperback with a cheasy cover, I couldn't resist.

I Know What You Did Last Summer by Lois Duncan - I hate to admit this but I've never read any of her books, this should get me started.

The Seventh Princess by Nick Sullivan - a children's fantasy, looks good.

The Dog Crusoe and His Master by R.M. Ballantyne - very old copy with illustrations, no copyright but has to be early 1900s

Lives of the Saints by Nino Ricci - a Governor General's award winner which I've wanted to read for a while, may read this for the book awards challenge.

A Scanner Darkly by Philip K. Dick - I have looooved every movie based on his work but I've never read him. No excuse now.

Mr. X by Peter Straub - Love Straub, haven't read this one.

The Boggart by Susan Cooper - another favourite author, will re-read this one later to the 7yo when he's older

Bunnicula Strikes Again by James Howe
Howliday Inn by James Howe - these 2 are for the 7yo.

The Capture (The Guardians of Ga'Hoole) by Kathryn Lasky - I'll be reading this soon, it looks really good!

The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles by Julie Andrews Edwards - a childhood favourite which I can't wait to read again!

Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle by Betty MacDonald - another favourite to read-aloud to the 7yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment