A Bookaholic, Pro-life, Pro-Family, Pro-Oxford Comma, Catholic (with Asperger's) who reads and writes as her obsession. I've been reading over 400 books a year lately. These are my ramblings on some of the books I read. To read about all the books I read and comment on, visit me at LibraryThing or Goodreads.

I've been blogging since 2007 and at this point (July 2015) am trying my hand at turning the theme of this blog towards mystery, thriller, and crime, fiction and nonfiction. I have some special interest topics and categories within this broad genre which include (but are not limited to) serial killers, scandi-crime, Victorian history and historicals, history of the criminally insane and asylums, psychopathology, death, funerary practices and burial, corpses, true crime and anything dealing with the real life macabre, or that portrayed in fiction.

I also read a short story a day from various collections, sometimes anthologies othertimes collections of a single author's work. These reviews are also posted here and while they are of mixed genre the mystery, thriller, horror, gothic and macabre often appear within their pages as well.

I also blog about
graphic novels and manga on a separate BLOG.

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Book Sale Booty

These are the books I brought home yesterday when I walked into the Sally Ann and they had a 3 for 1 sale on paperbacks. Lots of fluff, nothing deep and profound, just fun:

The Ruby Knight - David Eddings
Belgarath the Sorcerer - David Eddings
Doom of the Darksword - Margaret Weis
Magic Kingdom For Sale - Sold - Terry Brooks
The Black Unicorn - Terry Brooks
Silverwing - Kenneth Oppel (I have wanted to read Oppel's books for-e-ver)
Enchanter - Sara Douglass
Starman - Sara Douglass
7 original Buffy the Vampire Slayer books & 2 Angel books (these are one of my guilty little pleasures ;-)
The Fledgling - Jane Langton (Newbery Honor)
Dragon Slayer's Academy #4 - K.H. McMullan (for my 7yob)
Boxcar Children #2 & #3 - Gertrude Warner (these will be a read-alouds)
The World of Little House - Carolyn Strom Collins (I'm a sucker for all things Little House)
Merlin's Harp - Anne Eliot Crompton
The Last Castle by Jack Vance & Nightwings by Robert Silverberg (A double book)
The Hunter's Moon - O.R. Melling
Haden of Ancient Opar - Philip Jose Farmer (Farmer is one of my fav. authors)
Dragon, Dragon and Other Tales by John Gardner (I had this when I was a kid and couldn't resist)
Deltora Shadowlands #2 - Emily Rodda (collecting these for my son)
The Mummy or Ramses the Dead - Anne Rice
Adventures with Arnold Lobel (a nice hardcover bind-up of three I Can Read Books for my ds)

No comments:

Post a Comment